Francesco Griffo (also Francesco da Bologna) – born 1450, died 1518 in Bologna, Italy – type founder, punch cutter, type designer. Trained as a punch cutter and type founder in Bologna.
- 1495: works with Aldus Manutius, for whom he cuts Greek alphabets and in 1501 an italic typeface for a Virgil edition.
- 1496: cuts the alphabet for Pietro Bembo’s "De Aetna".
- 1502: parts company with Aldus Manutius.
- 1503: cuts an italic typeface for the printer Gershom Soncino in Fano.
- 1516: opens his own printing workshop in Bologna. He cuts his third italic alphabet for his first publication.
22 Families Found
- Text Size:
- Text Color: