Gerard Unger – born 22. 1. 1942 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands – graphic designer, typographer, type designer, teacher.
- 1963–67: Studies at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam. Then assistant to Wim Crouwel at Total Design.
- 1970: starts teaching at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam.
- From 1975 onwards: Freelance designer.
- 1981: Does typography work for Dutch coins and postage stamps. Redesigns numerous magazines.
- 1984: Designs special digits for the Dutch telephone directories. Digital typography consultant to Océ. Consultant to the BBC for the development of digital typefaces. Awarded the H. N. Werkman Prize in 1984.
- 1991: Wins the Maurits Enschedé Prize. Has taught at the Rhode Island School of Design in Providence, USA, (1979) and at Stanford University (1985).
164 Families Found
- Text Size:
- Text Color: