Seymour Chwast – born 18. 8. 1931 in New York, USA – graphic designer, illustrator, type designer, teacher.
- 1948–51: Studies at the Cooper Union in New York.
- 1954: Opens the Push Pin Studio in New York with Milton Glaser.
- 1955–81: Art director of the in-house magazine "Push Pin Graphic".
- 1982: Director of "Push Pin Lubalin Peckolik" in New York.
- 1983: Is elected into the New York Art Directors Hall of Fame.
- 1985: Becomes director of The Pushpin Group. Numerous book illustrations, record covers, posters, headline type and illustrations for magazines. Clients include Mobil Oil, Büchergilde Gutenberg, the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung"-Magazin and Mohawk Paper Mills. He has taught at the School of Visual Arts in New York (1972–74) and the Cooper Union in New York (from 1975 onwards).