Max Caflisch – born 25. 10. 1916 in Winterthur, Switzerland, died 16. 2. 2004 – type designer, teacher, author.
- 1932–36: Trains as a compositor.
- 1936–43: First job setter in various printing works.
- 1941–42: Specialist teacher of typography at the Allgemeine Gewerbeschule in Basle.
- 1943–62: Art director of the Benteli printing works in Bern.
- 1962–81: Head of the graphics department at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Zurich; also teacher of typography.
- 1973–78: Lecturer at the Technikerschule der grafischen Industrie in Zurich. Consultant on type design to IBM in New York (1962–66), for the Bauersche Gießerei in Frankfurt am Main (1965–66), for the Dr. Rudolf Hell company in Kiel (1972–89) and for Adobe Systems Inc. (since 1990).
2 Families Found