Rudolf Koch – born 20.11.1876 in Nuremberg, Germany, died 9.4.1934 in Offenbach, Germany – type designer, typographer, calligrapher, teacher.
- 1892-96: trains as an engraver in Hanau.
- 1896-97: trains as an art teacher at the Kunstgewerbeschule in Nuremberg and at the Technische Hochschule in Munich.
- 1911-24: publishes the "Rudolfinische Drucke" with Rudolf Gerstung.
- 1921: founds the Offenbacher Werkgemeinschaft at the Technische Lehranstalt Offenbach.
- 1930: is awarded a honorary doctorate by the faculty of Evangelical theology at the University of Munich.
- 1934: Koch’s work is caried on by his son Paul (died 1943) who runs a workshop in Frankfurt.
26 Families Found