THE FONTACULAR GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
These are the official rules that govern how the Fontacular Giveaway (the “Contest”) will operate. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” and “Monotype” refer to Monotype Imaging Inc., the sponsor of the Contest. “You,” “yourself,” “I,” “me,” and “my” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
CHECK WITH YOUR EMPLOYER: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer's policies regarding your eligibility to participate in contents of this sort. If you are participating in violation of your employer's policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. If you are a government employee, you are responsible for understanding the government gift and ethics rules that are applicable to you and you may not be eligible for the Contest. We disclaim any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer's policies.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION
A selection of giveaway items shall be awarded to those posting “#fontacular tweets” - tweets directed @Fontscom containing #fontacular. If your #fontacular tweet meets the description above, as well as the parameters set forth in Section 3 and Section 4 of these Official Rules, it will be considered an “Entry” in this Contest. You are also eligible to win by placing an order on Fonts.com during the Entry Period. Participation in the Contest is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from the Contest sponsor.
THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
The Contest starts at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on October 24, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on October 28, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Entries must be made within the Entry Period to be eligible.
3. WHO CAN ENTER?
To be eligible to win prizes in this Contest, when you make your Entry, you must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria (as U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to these countries);
- You are NOT an employee of Monotype Imaging Inc., or any of its affiliated companies worldwide; and
You are NOT an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of any person identified in the prior bullet point.
4. WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY
To be eligible for consideration an Entry must:
- be your own original work; and
- not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent and without appropriate ownership attribution.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political or religious agenda;
- is obscene or offensive;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate;
- violates any law; or
- links to any third party site that does any of the above.
While your Entry may be in any language, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to determine that an Entry in any language other than English satisfies the eligibility criteria. We reserve the right to reject any Entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
5. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
Just Tweet @Fontscom using #fontacular. Those purchasing products from Fonts.com during the entry period are also eligible to win. There is no limit on the number of Entries that you may submit, however we will only consider an Entry once. Retweeting will not increase your chances of winning a prize. You may not open numerous Twitter accounts in order to submit multiple Entries. We are not responsible for Entries that are not made during the Entry Period, or that we are unable to access, for any reason, or for Entries that are not decipherable for any reason. We are also not responsible for any typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
We will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible Entry and any Entry that we receive that does not meet, or which we cannot determine if it meets, the requirements described above and in Section 4. We are not required to notify you if we disqualify your Entry at any time during or after the Entry Period.
6. HOW ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED
Monotype, in its sole discretion, will pick its favorite Entries based on content, and shall choose 25 number of Entries from among its favorites (again, in its sole discretion) to be awarded prizes.
7. THE PRIZES
If you are selected as a potential winner of this Contest, you will be awarded one of the following prizes. Which prize you receive will be determined by Monotype in its sole discretion:
- Fontacular Buttons
- Fontacular Posters
- Fontacular Pennants
- The prize will be awarded to you and you shall ensure it is used and/or distributed in accordance with your company's policies if applicable;
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services;
- You may not designate someone else as the winner (if you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to an alternate potential winner or not at all); and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize;
- If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Monotype’s control, Monotype reserves the right to present any winner with a different prize of equal monetary value.
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
8. HOW WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED
If you are a winner, we will notify you by sending a message to your Twitter account no later than November 4th, 2016. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate winner or not at all.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Entry originated.
If you are a winner, we may require you to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and W-9 or W8-BEN tax form. If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and we may select another Entry. Allow 3-4 weeks after notification for receipt of prize which will be sent by our method of choice.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS YOU ARE AGREEING TO
By entering this Contest you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules;
- To the extent allowed by law, to release and hold harmless Monotype Imaging Inc., and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, your participation in this Contest or any prize won;
- That the decisions of Monotype will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- This Contest will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Massachusetts courts (state and federal) located in Boston, Massachusetts, USA for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
10. CONTEST SPONSOR
Monotype Imaging Inc. is the sponsor of this Contest.
Monotype Imaging Inc.
600 Unicorn Park Drive
Woburn, MA 01801 USA
11. YOUR PRIVACY
© 2016 Monotype Imaging Inc.