Installing Fonts on Windows XP Using XP Extraction Wizard
Fonts.com highly recommends that customers back up all purchases onto CD, Flash Drive, external hard drive or other means. The end user license agreement for all foundries entitles customers to retain one backup copy to assist in the event that data is lost.
To install your font, please follow each step listed below. Postscript fonts cannot be installed via the "drag and drop" method.
Begin by downloading and saving your font data file to a location that is easy for you to access. We recommend downloading to your desktop.
Step 1: Extract your fonts using the Windows XP Extraction Wizard
- Double click on the .zip file. This will launch the Extraction Wizard
Click "Extract all Files"
Click "Next" in the Extraction Wizard window
- Type "C:\Fonts.com" as shown below
- Uncheck the "Show Extracted Files" checkbox
Step 2: Install Your Fonts:
- Click on the Start button
- Click "Control Panel"
- Double Click on the Fonts Folder ((If you do not see a "Fonts" folder in your Control Panel, Select "Switch to Classic View", located on the left side of the Control Panel window. The Fonts folder should now appear in your Control Panel)
- In the Fonts folder, go to "File" on the menu bar, Select "Install New Font"
- In the Add Fonts window, Navigate to where you extracted (unzipped) the fonts. Begin by double clicking on the "C:/" folder
- Double click Fonts.com
- Double click Fonts
Double click on the "Windows-Postscript", "Windows-TrueType" or "Opentype" Folder
- Click "Select all" (The fonts should then be highlighted) (See below)
- The install bar will appear and your font will be automatically installed. The install bar will disappear upon installation completion
- Your fonts have now been activated and are ready to use with your applications. Please note, you may have to close and restart any open applications before newly installed fonts are displayed within the applications