Installing Fonts on Windows 2000 or XP Using WinZip
Note: Windows 2000 users will require WinZip to extract their Font Files. Visit www.winzip.com to download a FREE EVALUATION VERSION of WinZip now.
Fonts.com highly recommends that our customers back up all purchases on a CD, Flash Drive, or Floppy. The End User License agreement for all foundries entitles customers to retain one backup copy to assist in the event that data is lost.
To install your PostScript font, you will need to follow each step as listed below. Postscript fonts cannot be installed via the "drag and drop" method.
Step 1: WinZip
- Double Click on the .zip font file.
Dependent upon the age of WinZip software, you will see one of the following button "I agree" or "Use Evaluation Version" Click on whichever button appears (Most Windows 2000 users will have the "I Agree" button unless they have recently installed the WinZip Software. An Example of the Windows 2000 message appears below. Note: Recent Installations of WinZip will have the "Use Evaluation Version" button to select.)
Once you have opened WinZip, the interface should appear as follows:
- Click "Extract"
- Double Click "My Computer"
- Double Click "Local Disk (C)"
- Type in "Fonts.com" after the "C:/" in the "Extract To" Window
Then click "Extract" (as shown below)
Now you are ready to begin Step 2.
Step 2: Installing Fonts:
- Click on the Start button
- Click "Control Panel" (Note: If you are using Windows 2000, click "Settings" to get to your control panel)
- Double Click on the Fonts Folder (If your XP has Appearance & Themes, Then Click on "Appearance & Themes". The Fonts folder is on the left side of the window)
- In the Fonts folder : Go to "File" on the menu bar à then click on "Install new fonts"
- In the Add Fonts window, you need to Navigate to where you extracted (unzipped) the fonts. Double click on the "C:/" folder
- Double click Fonts.com
- Double click Fonts
Double click on the "Windows-Postscript", "Windows-TrueType" or "Opentype" Folder
- Then click "Select all" (The fonts should then be highlighted) (See below)
Then Click "OK"
- You should see the Install bar working
- Your fonts are now activated and ready to use with your applications. Once installed in your Fonts folder, your fonts will automatically appear in your applications
NOTE: You should always restart your programs before using the font.