Installing PostScript Fonts
(Windows 95, 98, ME, NT)
To use the font, you will need to follow each step.
Please back up all your fonts to prevent Replacement charges!
You will need WinZip to unzip any PC Compressed files. If you don't have WinZip, you can download the free Evaluation version at http://www.winzip.com. Please do this before going to step 2. If you are not sure how to use WinZip, use the Help button on the WinZip once that it is installed.
Adobe Type Manager (ATM)
You will need ATM for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT. If you do not have ATM, a "lite" version is available at no charge and can be downloaded in the right-hand column of this page.
Note: If you are not sure if you have ATM or not, you can check your system by going to the windows explorer icon and follow this path if you have it.
Note: do not confuse ATM with Adobe Acrobat - it is not the same thing.
If you are downloading ATM the first time:
- Download it to your desktop
- Unzip it to your program files
- It will start installing by asking questions. Continue clicking Yes or OK
- The file will default right into your Program files. Once you installed ATM, and you were noted to restart your system, then you are ready for Step 3.
Extracting the Font from WinZip:
Double Click on the .zip font file.
- Click "I Agree"
- Click Extract
- Type in "Fonts.com" after the c:\
- Click Extract
- The font should be in a folder named "Fonts.com" on the C drive
Installing Fonts using Adobe Type Manager
Launch Adobe Type Manager
(Start->Programs->Adobe->Adobe Type Manager 4.1)
- On right hand side under "Source", point to the C:/Fonts.com folder where we placed the fonts in step 3 and click on the pfm file as shown below
- The fonts should now appear in the window.
- Click on the font you want to load and click on ADD.
- This will install the font and it will be available in all Windows applications
- Close this ATM window until you want to load another font