Installing OpenType Fonts on Windows Vista
Fonts.com highly recommends that customers back up all purchases onto CD, flash drive, external hard drive or other means. Monotype Imaging's end user license agreement entitles customers to retain one backup copy to assist in the event that data is lost.
Begin by downloading and saving your font data file to a location that is easy for you to access. We recommend downloading to your desktop.
- Extract your fonts from the .zip file. The zip file on your desktop will look like the sample below:
- Right click on the zip file.
- Left click "Extract All" from the menu.
- Select a destination to extract your files by left clicking the "Browse" button.
- Left click on "Desktop".
- Left click on "OK".
- The "Select a destination" screen will pop up again. Left click "Extract".
- Close any open windows and return to the desktop.
- A folder now exists on the desktop named "FONTS".
- Double left click on the "FONTS" folder.
- The folder within the "FONTS" folder will be named "OpenType" Right click on the OpenType font file. The file should display the following icon in front of it:
- Select "Install" from the menu.
- A pop-up will appear that says "Windows needs your permission to continue."
- Select "Continue".
- The selected font is now installed. Confirm installation by opening your control panel.
- Open the "Fonts" folder.
- Search for the font that has just been installed.
- Some programs require a system reboot to show fonts in the drop down menu. Fonts.com recommends rebooting your system upon completion of the installation process.